Front of House Manager
Starting Salary From £30K
A Bit About Us
Trethorne Leisure Park is a popular family attraction that has developed over the last 30 years from a working farm into a successful leisure park entertaining thousands of customers every year in our large indoor and outdoor play areas. Separately we also have a ten-pin bowling alley, dodgems, and games arcade where food is served daily. We are renowned for our Sunday carvery and for catering for large functions, events, and conferences.
In addition, our 18-hole golf course and hotel is where customers can enjoy a round of golf, fantastic food in the main restaurant and a great stay in one of our modern rooms.
Now under new management we are taking a joined-up approach to fulfil our mission of modernising and developing the business to meet the current and future demands of our customers.
Could you be who we are looking for?
For this role you will need a minimum 2+ years team leader/ management experience of the hospitality or F&B sector?
We are looking for a tenacious, hard-working, and passionate Front of House Manager to inspire, motivate and lead our FOH team.
A great personality is necessary in this position but above all you will be someone with exceptional customer service skills and be a proven hands-on leader.
This is a full-time position working hours that include evenings and weekends. Working hours will vary from week to week depending on bookings. We are open to the public from 10am-10pm with late nights when we have private functions so you will need to be available to work when the business demands, with peak times being evenings, weekends, and school holidays.
We are looking for a people person with a great personality who:
– Thrives on giving great customer service by engaging with customers appropriately and responding to their needs
– Can inspire, lead & motivate a team, and build effective relationships with front-of-house and kitchen team members.
– Experience of liaising between kitchen and front of house effectively
– Has a proven ability to undertake all elements of training.
– Has a passion for food, drink, and hospitality.
– Has excellent diligence, demonstrating high standards of punctuality, cleanliness, and personal presentation.
– Can manage shifts and implement rotas to respond to changing demands
– Has experience of cellar management, bar stock control and ordering.
– Has experience of running large functions and events.
– Has a positive can-do attitude
– Enjoys working in a busy environment and working under pressure.
– Has excellent organisational, verbal, and written communication skills.
– Has a good level of competence in Microsoft Office.
– Has a good understanding of COSHH and H&S regulations.
– A personal license holder will be an advantage but not essential.
This is a first-hand role where you will be expected to get stuck in working on the bar, waiting on tables, leading by example.
What we will offer
- A competitive salary, based on experience.
- Free food (when working more than 6 hours) and hot/ cold drinks on duty.
- Complimentary entry for you and your family to the leisure park
- Free golf membership
- Staff discount
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free on-site parking
To apply please send your C.V with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org